Brief BioDr. Drew Edwards is a nationally recognized expert in Addictive Disease and Behavioral Medicine. He has published over 200 peer-reviewed and popular articles, and handbooks for parents on childhood depression and self-esteem in children. He has conducted and published original research on depression and chronic disease. In 2006, he founded Dr. Drew Edwards & Associates. a consulting firm that provides education, training and personal consultation for business, healthcare organizations and individuals.
- Organizational and Program Consultation & Development
- Clinical Education & Training, Employee Development, Team Building
- Medical & Professional Writing (white papers, ghostwriting, curricula, and training materials)
- Executive, Life & Health Coaching
- Pastoral Care & Crisis Intervention
- Intervention Services, Treatment Placement, and Recovery Coaching.
- Expert witness, case review, analysis, and testimony in criminal cases involving drugs or alcohol.
Dr. Edwards is the former Director of Psychiatry and Assistant Clinical Professor at the Medical College of Georgia and previously served as Associate Director of Psychiatry at the University of Florida, College of Medicine, where he provided both clinical and classroom instruction for medical residents and postdoctoral fellows in the Division of Addiction Medicine. In addition, he is a forensic expert on the neurobiology of addictive disease, providing expert testimony regarding the effects of drugs and alcohol on the brain and behavior for capital cases in which the death penalty is sought.
Dr. Drew completed his undergraduate education at the University of Minnesota, earned his Master of Science degree from the University of North Florida, and his Doctorate from Nova Southeastern University. Dr. Drew speaks at conferences throughout the United States on addiction, obesity, parenting, behavioral medicine, and youth culture.
He was ordained in the Anglican Church of North America in 2007. He provides faith-based counseling and pastoral care for individual and families in the Gulf Atlantic Diocese andJacksonville, Florida.